Monday, October 17, 2011

Chapter 14. Treatment of DID with a Use of Email (6)

I will show some of our communication via email following this session.


B: Thank you for the other day. By the way, did you make any promise with A about me? She is getting even tougher on me recently. She does not leave cigarettes for me any more. She writes a lot of items that I should, and should not do. Not only A, but also C is very strict with me. Please return this email and tell me what is going on !!
Therapist: You mean, C? I’ve never heard of that name. If you think I need to contact that person, please tell him or her to get in touch with me first.
C: Hello. My name is C. I heard that you wanted to talk to me. What can I do?
Therapist: Nice to see you, C. A person called B, that I believe you also know, is wishing to be nicer to him. What can you do about it?
C: I don’t think I’m asking B too much. I’m allowing him to do many things that he wants, but still B has so many complaints with so many people. As for his cigarette, I’m not telling him to stop. < snip >
February, 18th.
A: Hello. I cannot muster courage to play back the voice recorder. I promise make sure that I will listen to it by the end of this month.
March, 10th.
A: Finally, I heard the recording for the first time. It was… just amazing. I still cannot believe what I heard … I’m very confused. Sorry that I send you a mail like this, but I’m still shocked ….

This way A finally had a confrontation with her own another identity by listening to B’s voice in the recording of a session. My treatment of A continued further from this point on, but I will stop discussing her treatment process. I would like to make the point again that B’s email to me was one of the most important steps in A’s treatment process.

No comments:

Post a Comment