Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chapter 14. Treatment of DID with a Use of Email  (4)

October, the 2nd ,20XX

A’s second visit with me. I asked her about her current stress level. A says that her class schedule changed recently, and B is angry that A did not tell him about that change yet. Since that time, B became more active. He often leaves a memo for A, complaining about A’s making so many decisions “without consulting with B”. Sometimes B trashes A’s room during the night. It turned out that B has been the one who has suffered A a lot since long time ago, with his wayward behaviors, such as attempting to choke her parents, darting into the busy traffic, and other aggressive behaviors. I asked A again if I can contact B during the session, but A said that B would not do so, and I did not push further.
October the 3rd.
The following day, B sent me an email late at night, using A’s account.
B: “Hello, hello. I’m B. Nice to see you. I’ve heard that you are trying to get in touch with me. The other day, I woke up during the day time, and it was in the middle of some class. I was surrounded by a bunch of young girls. It was boring and I didn’t know what to do, so I got to sleep again. I then decided to keep coming out at night.”
To this I quickly returned a mail.
Therapist: “Hello, I’m your therapist. Thank you for contacting me. I’ve been concerned about A’s study. She is suffering from daytime sleepiness. Can’t you do anything about it?”
B: “Hmmm. You are just one of these doctors that I’ve met in the past. Every doctor wanted to ignore me. I guess that you are the same. I don’t believe that there can be any psychiatrist who would listen to me.
Therapist: “Well, I don’t know. I don’t believe I take side with anyone. I want to learn about every one. I actually wanted to see you directly in the session the other day.
B: “Oh, I didn’t know that. Actually there are a lot of things that I want to do. If you listen to me, I will show up next time. Could you get me out in the next session?”
Therapist : “OK. I’ll do my best.”
Then after this series of communication, I sent A a mail.
Therapist: “B sent me emails! He asked me to call him out in our next session scheduled in December. Do you think you can handle that?”
A. “I understand what’s happened. So, it was true that there is B…. I’m a bit scared about our next session, but let’s see what will happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment