Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chapter 13. Case “A” (6)

In July, A’s stress level due to living with her parents became almost intolerable for her, and she decided to move out again. She realized that unknowingly she had still been hoping to be accepted by her parents as a good daughter and was blaming herself for not meeting their level of expectation. She also noticed that this reflects her failed relational pattern. “No matter how much I am commended, I cannot believe it”, she said. “And any minor mistakes or failures are felt like a proof that I am not lovable and I am worth being abandoned.”
In August, A reported to Dr. B that she made a new boyfriend, named C. C is a young man working on the same floor of the restaurant. She also reported to Dr. B that once she got out of her parent’s house, she is much less stressed out and feels liberated. Although she rented a small apartment, she spent much time with C in his apartment.
In September, A talked to me about her new boyfriend C in detail. He can accept A’s DID and is even-handed to any identities that he has a chance to encounter. A feels that she is accepted as a whole person for the first time. A wanted me to meet with C, but she is also hesitant about it. A said that it is like introducing her fiancé to her father, with a concern that I might not approve of him and their relationship.
September the 16 th.
A’s first visit with me accompanied by C. I had a very good impression on him as a well-behaved, polite and generous young man. While they were waiting in the lobby, they are very friendly to each other, telling jokes and giggling most of the time. In their visit with me, A looked a little nervous initially, but as C and I got very friendly to each other, A got much more relaxed later on. A reported that lately her child identity tends to come out much often and play with C.

No comments:

Post a Comment